[pianotech] More on Calif Ivoy Law

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri May 4 09:58:10 MDT 2012

Although this is somewhat academic for me, as I am not in the USA, I
can't see that this "retroactive" approach helps elephants or shows
respect for them.

Old ivory key covers are simply going to get scrapped.  How does that
help elephants? OK, a terrible poaching trade took a terrible toll on
elephants, especially African elephants.  But it seems distasteful to me
to remove (probably breaking in the process) and/or destroy existing
ivory key coverings. It is wasteful, and how does it show respect for
slaughtered elephants?  Somehow, to me, it shows the opposite.

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk