[pianotech] estimated fees

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Mar 31 14:53:13 MDT 2012

Paul McCloud said

You need to find your hourly rate, based upon your lifestyle, expenses, etc.
Figure how much you need per month, and then find an hourly rate that will get
you what you need.  If you're only part time, divide by an appropriate number of
hours in a month.  Figure an hour and a half for tuning, and that's your price
for tuning.  Guestimate the time for touchup regulation, multiply it by your
hourly rate, and now you have the total price.

Norbert

For a very in depth explanation on how to figure out how much to charge, I would suggest you buy my book. "The Business of Piano Tuning", for sale from Randy Potter. I have a chapter dedicated to figuring out how much to charge. Then you can base your discount to stores and dealers on your regular rate.

Willem Blees RPT
Hawaii