[pianotech] 1880 Bechstein T. Pin layout

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Wed Mar 28 13:28:10 MDT 2012

Joe,

I suspect that David is referring to the arrangement of the pins in
only two rows, instead of the more usual four. The two row
arrangement occasionally results in a split pin block along the lines
of the pin rows. For those Bechsteins with an open pin block, I've
reset the pins to a four row arrangement when replacing a pin block
which has failed, to reduce the likelihood of another failure.

In the example shown, it will be even more prone to failure than an
open plank version, since the non bushed plate will result in much
more flag-polling of the pin, as a consequence of the higher coil
height from the pin block.

Ron O

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.