[pianotech] 1880 Bechstein T. Pin layout

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 28 12:59:41 MDT 2012

David Boyce said:
"This arrangement of strings and tuning pins in the bichord section of
the 1880s Bechstein upright of friends of mine, does not strike me as
one of their design triumphs...."
Best regards,

David,
I've looked at the photos and I fail to see what the problem is. I do see
that the piano strings and pins have a bit of rust on them. And, several
strings have been replaced. The distance from the termination to the tuning
pin is a bit much, but should not be a "problem", in my estimation. The use
of  Upright Agraffes is a good one in my opinion. So??? What's issue with
the design? What am I missing?
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.