[pianotech] Sciortino insta coiler.

lewis Newman musicbased at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 16:50:42 MDT 2012

Ok so seeing as i'm in tool buying mode, and i have 4 grands to string soon, including a Bluthner with all eyes, i'm thinking about getting the Sciortino insta coiler..Hoping it can save my hands from being totally destroyed!

My questions are, is it designed to be used for a full re string, or just the occasional string replacement?
Is it worth getting??-Is anyone out there using this?

I see the hand held version is loads cheaper, but i guess that might be a bit fiddly to use?...

I tried to search the archives, but all i could find was some argument about beckets from 1997!...

Thanks,

Lewis.