[pianotech] Hide Glue Kit

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 22 08:58:53 MDT 2012

Floyd said:
"My hide glue kit lives in my car. My kit is the same size as several
others that live there . . . my Damppchaser service parts kit, for
instance. I've attached photos. I have done an in-home hammer hanging with
hide glue. If you're going to do this in-home, adding the hot hide glue
dimension really is not that much fuss and bother."

Floyd,
I agree. Questions: What is the Orange fuzzy thing in the second photo?
Specifically, what was the "Rival" pot, originlly, intended use?<G> Do you
put water in the "Rival" for the baby food jar to reside in? What is your
favorite glue source? What do you use for application? Either I'm having a
Senior Moment, or this post was sent once before?<G>
I.E. Specifics are always good.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.