[pianotech] not so evil glue?

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 21 07:08:24 MDT 2012

For those of us with no shop, who do very few "significant" repairs, is
white Elmer's glue strong enough to hold things without getting the people
who might follow after into major griping?  This isn't expected for
rebuilding things, ok.  But for in-the-field repairs I've been using
Titebond, which I have been told actually can be removed. If moving "down"
notch is helpful, I'm glad to carry the white stuff instead.

  _____

Quote:

So, since I don't have a real shop - just my basement - and I need to
replace hammers on an upright piano ....... At a customers' home, I'm
supposed to drag, setup and use a hide glue pot to hang the hammers ..... I
don't think so.... just sayin' FWIW, I've started to use fish glue. Duaine
-- Duaine Hechler Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ Tuning, Servicing&
Rebuilding Reed Organ Society Member Florissant, MO 63034

  _____