[pianotech] New piano key?

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 16:17:16 MDT 2012

Dittos to Pauls comments.  We did a mass installation at a school. We weakened all the damper springs in Kawai, Yamaha and the new Pramberger uprights.  It makes a massive difference in touch and the dampers still work just fine.  Its obvious that no attempt was made in any of these to regulate spring tension.  Probably too expensive

Dale Erwin RPT-
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S pianos
Pre-hung Ronsen hammer sets/Abel parts
Sitka Soundboards & Supplies