[pianotech] Agraffe Washers

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 16:45:43 MDT 2012

Greetings,
    Or..... you can take a normal shim, place it in a recessed hole that is the correct thickness you want,(bored in something harder than brass and softer than a file,  and pass a file over the top.  it takes all of 10 seconds to reduce a .021 shim to whatever you need.    If it is needed so thin that the file will tear it up, a flat sanding disc of 320 grit wet or dry sandpaper in the drill press will do the same thing.
   However, I do prefer the hollow endmill method of trimming the agraffe.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html