[pianotech] The Xauster!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 11 16:42:29 MDT 2012

Back in Feb., Rex Roseman sent us some neat photos and a concept re. CA
Glue Fumes.
Well....I finally made it to the big box hardware place and got all the
goodies...well, almost.<G> Fun project, to be sure. My big box store didn't
have exactly the same, but close enough. Some of the stuff that was not
available was the 4" tubing/pipe/whatever and couplers for said pipe. I
found them at Rockler's, which is a woodworker's toy..err tool store. I got
two different versions of the flexible tubing. One neat thang and a down
side at the same time, is...the darn stuff is like a giant Slinky and it is
compact. ( the 4 foot, collapsed, piece extends to 28 feet! The 2 footer
extends to 14 feet!<G>) The hardest part was figuring out how to get the
dang tubing on the end of the unit! It is really a TIGHT fit. Actually,
once I figured out that ya have to sneak up on it, it was relatively simple.
Cranked that puppy up and it works just fne. I hope to use it to vent away
the noxious fumes that seem to permeate my shop from time to time. Since my
shop is part of my house/building, it gets into the living spaces as well.
Not a good thang sometimes.<G> So, lift the garage door a bit and stuff the
Xauster out/under and plug it in. ....bye bye to the stinky stuff.
Thanks Rex
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.