[pianotech] in-home-service

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Mar 10 17:38:38 MST 2012

Les

If you feel comfortable working in a customer's home for long periods of time, more power to you. Personally, it's not that I don't mind if they watch me work, or even ask questions, but if I have to be in a customer's home for more than a couple of hours I feel like I'm intruding on their space and time. Not only that, but I want to take a break every hour or two, to go to the bathroom, get a drink or get something to eat, check my e-mail, talk to my wife, etc. I can't do that if I'm working in a customer's home. Not only that, but when I take a project home. I'm assured to have good lighting, all my tools, supplies, parts, etc. handy, and if I make a mistake, the customer won't hear me swear. I can't imagine not having a shop to work in, even if it's a kitchen table, or a bench or table in the garage or car port.

Just my take on it.

Wim