[pianotech] Cleaning cast iron frame

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 10 05:12:15 MST 2012

Doug
You still haven't convinced of the long term affect of the scrubbing bubbles
on the strings. There are plenty of cleansers out there to do the heavy duty
cleaning. The trick is finding chemicals which will not affect the
durability of the string, nor cause rusting of any sort.  Getting the
bubbling solution between the tuning pins area is a very tricky procedure in
that absolute cleanup is vital.
Tom Servinsky