[pianotech] A warranty rant and kudo

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Mar 1 10:47:00 MST 2012

A tale of two warranty claims

I installed a vertical Lifesaver system Monday. The green power light did
not come on, but the yellow and red lights worked, and everything else
seemed fine as well. I called Dampchaser on Tuesday, spoke with a very
friendly and helpful lady, she said she would send a light panel and
humidistat FedEx. I got the package today. I tried replacing the light panel
by itself and the problem was solved. Included in the box was an addressed
return postage slip. This is very typical of the warranty service I've
gotten from Dampchaser in the past. It deserves kudos.

At the end of last year, I installed a PianoDisc system on a customer's
piano. The kit had a bad solenoid driver board. It only affected 4 of the
notes, everything else worked. PianoDisc said I could send the board back
and they would replace it, or I could charge a new board to a credit card,
some $300, they would send it immediately, then issue my card a credit on
return of the defective board. This was on 12/30/11. The board was finally
shipped on 2/9/12 and I got it the following week. This, too, is very
typical of the warranty service I get from PianoDisc.

Guess which company will be getting a bill from me for a warranty claim and
which one won't?

Dean

Dean W May                        (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com           (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802           Give us a LIKE on Facebook! Go to
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/PianoRebuilderscom/137780082943148>
PianoRebuilders.com