[pianotech] balance hole jig

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Fri Jul 27 07:56:04 MDT 2012

JIm -
Continuing to live dangerously  (unmasking the simpleton behind the
curtain), you said:
>The jig's center pin is a .146 balance pin stub.

Would I assume that if the key frame used .162" pins, or other, you
would modify the jig accordingly?  Also, is it correct that you are
keying off of the original balance hole?  If so, and 'ovaling' has
taken place, how do you accommodate?  Have you used this system to do
an entire set?

Regarding the data you're seeking, I'm sure there are many others,
but Bob Marinelli at Pianotek or Mike Morvan at Blackstone
Valley  www.pianoandorgankeys.com  would likely have something useful to say.

David Snoc