[pianotech] Young Chang

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jul 24 19:14:22 MDT 2012

I have an observation: most car warranties require regular maintenance for
them to remain in effect. If this piano got so bad you had to break the
brackets, you can be pretty sure she has not had the piano serviced for
quite some time or used a substandard tuner when she did. These brackets
don't bloom overnight. If she has had it serviced she was apparently using a
"tech" who has been living in a cave or knows nothing about action
regulation to not have spotted this problem years ago.

I dare say there aren't any more action bracket jobs left to do, save on
pianos that have been so poorly or infrequently maintained the problem was
left undetected for years. The onus for that goes directly on the owner for
poor maintenance, not on Young Chang.

Dean
Dean W May                (812) 235-5272 voice and text
PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY
Terre Haute IN 47802