[pianotech] Conventions ( was Pianotech? )

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 06:26:21 MDT 2012

Duaine,
    Tough love coming your way here.  After reading your post it's clear
that for all the very detailed reasons you listed that this profession is
just not working out for you.
You obviously have a great deal of expertise in the I.T. field .  Perhaps a
focus on returning to high tech as a vocation and treating piano work as an
avocation would be worth consideration.
There is no shame in failure -- we have all been there to some degree but
the facts are the facts.Since you can't make a reasonable profit in any of
your ventures the only shame is to waste
more time on what clearly is not working .
   Have fun with the players on the side and get into a profession where you
have the skills and talent to succeed.
I'll be blunt here Duaine and this is only my opinion but the lack of
interpersonal skills you have shown here on the list do not lend themselves
to a profession based on
 personal relationships. Sorry , but that's what your many diatribes have
taught me about you.
I hope you can accept this in the contructive spirit in which it is
presented.

Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of
making excuses.

George Washington Carver

The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence
in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.

Napolean Hill

Best of luck,
    Tom Driscoll RPT