[pianotech] piano parts

erwinspiano erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 22:03:52 MDT 2012

Yes, there is a solution, make a tracing of the hammer adjacent to the ones missing and send it to me. I,ll match the physical size as best I can.
   I probaly have about a thousands spares in my collection. If you need them bored, I will need a shank size and a bore distance and an approx. Bore angle
You thougt this was going to be easy aye?
Dale

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1Marshall Gisondi <pianotune05 at hotmail.com> wrote:Hi Everyone,
I have a question.  How do I obtain parts to pianos no longer manufactured?  My dilemma is this.  I have a customer with a Kimball 4530 serial number B55605 which needs a new hammer e flat 43 or d sharp 43.  If the original hammer was there I could have used the soda straw to fix it, but no original except a piece of shank I found in the key bed. The head itself is missing. A complete hammer but with the hammer attached would be ideal.

The other piano is a Henry F Miller grand piano an old one.  I didn't get the serial number unfortunately.  I need a hammer for A1 B2 and C88.  I contacted my school, but I'm told they cannot help without samples.  Is there a remody fo rthis sort of problem?  Thanks
Marshall
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com