[pianotech] adjusting jack position

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:13:50 MDT 2012

Hi William Ed & anyone else who responded.  thanks for the ideas. I've tried most of them except removing the let off rails.  The hammer flange rail is the rail that seems to be in the way.  Would it hurt to remove this, or hurt much? lol Since I haven't worked on grands a lot so far, are the screws to remove them pretty accessable?  Also how many types of Jack setting tools are out there?  Maybe I need to look into getting a few others. I have one that works for the repetition lever adjustment screw and another that the tip has the same look and shape but smaller than the let off adjustment tool for the eye screw on a console. the shape and diameter are smaller but look similar to me anyway.  Thanks again and enjoy your cookouts for the 4th. I can taste the Jersey corn and steak on the grill now. The homemade iced tea is ready.
Marshall
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com