[pianotech] Cargo trailers

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 2 13:42:02 MDT 2012

You can move the tall ones to the trailer on a dolly, and then roll them in
on a 1.5" piece of pvc pipe.  Marvelous little toy.  I used a 5X8 open
trailer, and never moved anything I couldn't pay for, and believe if you had
to move two pianos you'd be in a world of tight with tools.    I have a $4
sledge hammer for driving pins, and $45 dollar needle nose pliers from Snap
On for basic use and cutting piano wire.  They work as well as the complex
wire cutters.  Sometimes saving money will cost a fortune in the long run-
and if you're serious about moving pianos, I'd sure go for the 6X10.  Having
space to get the tracks in, and then move about the trailer will save you
untold headaches....

Jmo

Les bartlett

  _____