[pianotech] video interview Ronald Losby, President of Steinway

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 07:10:04 MST 2012

I think historically Pre-owned /used Steinways values rises 2 % per year. But then so does inflation and the cost of a new one.
 I am currently selling a 1924 B for a client. I originally sold it to them in 1993 for 26 K rebuilt action, new strings,finish. It is a real cream puff and has a calif. preserved original sound board. Perfect Ivory, on its second family. It will blow the door of anything coming out of the factory today. No brag, just fact. :)
 Price $45 K. Someone do the math I'm going to work.
 Whatever it is their value doesn't drop like a stone as do many many pianos from other countries

Dale Erwin RPT-
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S pianos
Pre-hung Ronsen hammer sets/Abel parts
Sitka Soundboards & Supplies