[pianotech] Repinning / pinblock replacement

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:20:35 MST 2012

>In all probability repining with decent cut-thread tuning pins-Denro, or
instance-will solve the problem. Try a couple of samples using just one size
over and see what happens.  ddf

Thanks for your reaffirmation of my suspicion about the dull drill bit,
Del. Thanks also Joe for the suggestion. Were it my decision to make, I
would go with either repinning or application of CA glue over a total
replacement of pinblock, pins and strings. Unfortunately, the piano owner
is insisting upon a whole new pinblock, so it's either that or turn down
the job altogether. In my opinion, the company representative is bending
over backwards to satisfy the owner - to the point where more work will be
done than what is necessary.

Oh well. Better that, I suppose, than the piano owner thinking the company
was cutting corners to save money - which they certainly can't be accused
of in this situation.  Chuck