[pianotech] CA fume fan

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Feb 14 11:53:51 MST 2012

Another cheap, simple and dirty idea for a CA fume exhaust is to use an old style vacuum cleaner  where you can attach a hose to the exhaust side as well as the suction side. A shop vac works too.

Simply lay the exhaust hose with its end out a door (or window) while the fumes are being sucked up at the "business end".  If you can't find one of these appliances in a thrift store (hey - it actually doubles as a vacuum cleaner!) I suggest contacting Isaac Sadigursky.  I believe he has a vintage Electrolux breeding program going on in his garage!

Jurgen Goering
www.pianofortesupply.com