[pianotech] Chickering damper blocks

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Dec 22 09:13:55 MST 2012

On 12/22/2012 12:45 AM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Wim said
> "I have seen them once in a while. Another one of Chickering's many
> experiments in making pianos"
>
> Wim,
> And what do you suppose was the reason for them? quiz for the day?<G>
> Joe

Chickering did a long running set of experiments on the effects of
psychotropics on piano design. Different substances produced different
designs, and he eventually tried every combination of everything
available. These dampers, I believe were the result of the
chlorpromazine/dark chocolate experiment.
Ron N