[pianotech] heated floor and birdcage

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 22 00:31:31 MST 2012

Thumper said:
"David,
What pains me about this thread is that while you and your customers ( and
surely many others across England) are spending all this time, money, and
attention on these musically terrible old overdamper pianos
(you know it's true!)"

Thumper! I just knew some idjit would go off on the overdamper pianos as
being bad. That notion is basically false, imo. Yes, we in The Colonies
have inherited most of the British Junk. The good stuff remains, for the
most part in the U.K. Dumkopff!
The Overdamper piano is unique in many ways. NO, it doesn't sound like or
play like a modern piano. It was NOT designed to be a modern piano! It was
designed to give a unique sound and touch that emulates the "ancient
instruments" that preceded them! I'm truly sad that you would not give
these a fair shake. Especially since you pride yourself on being a good
"Stride" pianist. Try your Stride on a good overdamper piano and it will
add a whole new dimension to the music that you so love! Please? Quit with
the piano snobbery, it doesn't become you.
Sheesh!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police