[pianotech] Fwd: groupon

tunerboy3 at comcast.net tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 14:22:55 MST 2012

Jerry Groot RPT
www.grootpiano.com

-----Original Message-----
From: tunerboy3
To: Marshall
Sent: 2012-12-19 18:54:12 +0000
Subject: Re: [pianotech] groupon

Yes he did, at first.  But, because almost none of them were calling him back for more work, (what they were doing, was looking for the competitor's Groupon coupon and going there instead) he finally sent out another  Groupon letting anyone use them because he needed the work.  He would get upwards of 350 calls and then be swamped!  But, think about it....  How many more massages (or tunings) will a person have to do to break even? A lot.  And, what are we teaching our customers?  Wait for the sale....  Now, he's stuck in the Groupon mode....

I'm just telling you what he told me his experience has been with Groupon...  Over all, he regrets starting it because as I said, he says, now he's stuck in the Groupon mode...

I've been in business full time since I was 18.  I'm 56 now.  I am still booked solid through January but for 2 or 3 openings that I will fill with regular's as soon as I'm back to work again.

I too, am behind on my customer calling but, this week, I'm also in Florida on vacation for a week supposedly...  :)  My wife's getting pissed at me for being on my iPad....  :)))

When I get back to work again on January 2nd, I'll start calling my regular's again, they are the mainstay of your business and should be put first on your list.  Within a week of starting my calling, I'll be booked through February.  Once your clients get used to you pre-scheduling as Wim does or like I do, by calling them, they will accept it with open arms.  But it must be kept up in order for you, to keep up...

Jerry Groot RPT
www.grootpiano.com