[pianotech] Fwd: groupon

tunerboy3 at comcast.net tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 08:13:37 MST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: tunerboy3
To: Marshall
Sent: 2012-12-19 15:02:18 +0000
Subject: Re: [pianotech] groupon

I know of a person here who runs a massage place.  He started the Groupon deal about 2 years ago.  He was all excited about it until he found out that Groupon takes 50 % of whatever he charges, plus part of the profits from what I understood about it.  So, it takes him roughly 4 massages just to make one normal priced $60 massage.  Plus, he has to pay his girls to do the massages.
Yes, did become busier than he could handle but, as soon as the Groupon deal ends, so does his work.  His massage girls stand around doing nothing much of the time.
Basically, what is happening is that now, people waiting for the "next Groupon deal before returning.  He gets VERY VERY few return clients and says, all in all after doing it for two years, he regrets doing it at all now, because he has taught his clients not to look for quality and professionalism but instead, to look and to wait for the deals.

Jerry Groot RPT
www.grootpiano.com