[pianotech] How to analyze an existing tuning

Mark Davis t/a PianoForte Technologies pianofortetechnology at saol.com
Wed Dec 19 02:48:23 MST 2012

May I ask you folks how you analyze a piano before you tune it, your
procedure?  Also in particular I would like to know how one analyzes, for
example, each tuning pin/string of a note though that particular note is
showing/sounding as a clean sounding octave and unison?  Though it sounds
good, how does one analyze/test each pin & string to make sure it is
actually solid & stable?