[pianotech] groupon

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:33:43 MST 2012

Hi Dean,I'm sure the repeat rate will be lower.  We all know there are those out there who just want a good deal, but from what people are telling my wife when she calls to set appointments, many people are glad they found me because they wanted a piano tech were unsure where to look.  The customer with the really horrible Whitney spinet this past Saturday said she contacted 4 piano techs.  After receiving zero return calls, she tried this groupon when it came along.  So I agree there will be those who will repeat once a year or more but I'm certain this will be a boost to pick up business. I'm a realistic person and know that I'll have to do another campaign eventually perhaps, but I might need a little break after this blows over. the first two days, I received 53 calls. lol  I figure other techs out there you guys for example are busy, why shouldn't I be busy?  I have two small kids, one going to Christian school.  My  youngest will start next  year.  I have other obligations. So I think groupon is a Godsend for sure.  I have done quite a few pitch raises as well and have some repairs coming up that I need to schedule once I get the time to do it. lol I know I have an elbow job coming up and two jack spring jobs.  I also have a broken sticker on a Acrosonic first b flat. That one will be a challenge, but fortunately, they're going to wiat that one out for a while.  The only downside to this is that it slows me down because I'm getting all of the pianos that need attention. So on some days I can only do 2 instead of 3 pianos, plus traveling in my area takes longer.  I never know what I might run into when I visit a piano. So everything everyone posts about this is very helpful.  I've also freferred some rebulding work as well.  So all in all, I'd say groupon is a good thing, but one must remain realistic and realize that not everyone will repeat.  However, again, I'm finding that many are without a piano tech, either because the tech died, moved, or never called them again.  I have also found some who have a tech. and I encourage them to stay with them if it is someone I know nad trust. I'm out to build a busines.  I don't want to hurt an yother techs. Hopefully it will slow down a little so I can breathe. lol Some days I have 15 messages on my phone.  I'v eonly had one no show so far, but tha twas my fault.  Now I require a return call  to verbaly confirm the appointment if I call and get a voicemail.  Only two flaked this week due to no confirming, but groupon already paid me for these.  So unless they cancel, I'm OK. I   am going to call them in a day or so to see what happened. anwyay enough rambling I guess. Have a great night everyone, and if anyone out there is new to the business, try groupon and see if it's available in your area.  Marshall215-510-9400http://www.phillytuner.com