[pianotech] Protection from underfloor heating?

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 18:07:09 MST 2012

I'd make a wooden platform with a sheet of foam insulation under it, but be caerful about what type of foam, due to VOC's. (Or use some other insulator.) But, then, Europe is much sricter about toxic emissions from bulding materials than the U.S. government.......

Thumpe

P.S. The finish on those things is almost always still excellent! (???Makes me wonder what it is???) Similarly, on many American pre-1900 pianos (especially rosewood ones) the finish is still fine.