[pianotech] Drill Press Quills - was Wager Safe T Planer or ???

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 20:26:10 MST 2012

On 12/7/2012 1:49 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Not in my shop dude! And I suspect Ron's and Del's and ???

No slop in my quill, because I periodically make adjustments if
necessary. I like quality machinery, but budgets often prevail and a
significantly more expensive machine than I actually need seems like a
waste to me. The drill press is a 40 year old Delta radial arm. It's
cheap, light weight, versatile, and a long way from rigid and suitable
for use as a milling machine. But it has done what I need since I bought it.

I'm not a total cheap skate though. My 3/8 and 1/2" drills are
Milwaukee, because that's what I needed.

Ron N