[pianotech] Belly talk

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 16:36:45 MST 2012

On 12/3/2012 4:57 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
> Most of the length of my flat bridge bottoms do indeed mate well with
> the clamped in soundboard, however it seems that the straight tenor
> end usually sticks up a bit and I tend to build up the bottom of the
> bridge in that area to make it conform better to the board.

Good point. at some point down there it crosses center of the ribs. I
still leave the long bridge flat, but I have attached the transition at
a slight down angle. Other times not, and just left it flat to the long
bridge. Either seems to work fine, as does your approach and that of the
folks who crown the bridge. Compared to some rather dramatic results
from design changes, this doesn't seem to be a real killer either way.

Ron N