[pianotech] Yamaha Uprights

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 10:18:40 MST 2012

No, there isn't. In the Yamahas I spoke of, contact of the jack tail to
the letoff button can, unless it's changed in the last five or so years,
be clearly felt as an increased resistance. This is after the damper has
lifted, and in a piano in good regulation.

Ron N
Ron--I find that part you cite as less objectionable once the damper spring tension is lessened.
Dale

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos