[pianotech] Belly talk

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Dec 2 10:17:17 MST 2012

On 12/2/2012 10:41 AM, Jim Ialeggio wrote:
> Ahha!  My wife aka "Queen of the internet" turned this up in a German
> piano textbook..."die Rast"
>
> http://www.pian-e-forte.de/piano/klavier.htm
>
> At least in German, "die Rast" is the whole flipp'in rim/beam structure.
>
> Jim Ialeggio

Ah, so it really is a legitimate word then - sort of. I've used it to
indicate just the ledge on top of the inner rim and belly rail, the
gluing surface for the panel, because "rasten" is easier to type.

Theoretically, if any two of us were using the same terminology, it
ought to be possible for us to communicate amongst ourselves.

Theoretically.

Ron N