[pianotech] action ratio

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Aug 29 07:47:39 MDT 2012

Not to beat a dead horse but FWIW one thing I do notice, with my action
model anyway, is that the jack movement (and key movement for that matter)
from the point of jack tender contact with the let-off button is about 2.5 -
3 mm which, on my model, translates to about .040$B!I(B key travel after the
point of escapement.  So if $B!H(Baftertouch$B!I(B, at least in this formula, is
based on travel after contact with the let-off button when the jack starts
to move horizontally rather than vertically, then the output of my design
chart seems consistent with real world results.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com