[pianotech] Teflon

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 12:25:44 MDT 2012

There are other issues besides one's personal health: such as the morphology of the stuff, and effect upon those who produce it and live where it is made. (And Dupont has already been very heavily fined for hiding information it knew about dangers in these regards.) But some of us feel obligated to consider such things,
and others don't. (And we'll all face God's judgment in the end.) But the belittling sarcasm and ridicule heaped upon we who choose to have a  greater sense of social responsibility beyond our personal monetary bottom line is quite snide and offensive, and counterproductive to any sense of progress and conviviality on this list. And when it is engaged in in a "ganging up" manner, actually exposes a sense of insecurity on the "gang members" over something.

Gordon Lee Stelter

P.S. And in this regard ( Ron): no, fff pumice does not dissolve Buicks. I used it to nicely clean the mildew off the 1950 Roadmaster 72R (extended wheebase) I hauled out of a backyard years ago. (Teeth and all!) Neither does it make one's legs fall off. It does though (and I knew this beforehand: did not need to research it anew) cause pneumonoultramicroscopicsilocovolcanoconiosis if inhaled in adequate quantity. (Please wear a dust mask.)
     As a final note; please allow me to mention that enough of my friends in this trade have died young and/or from ailments that could easily be attributed to the chemicals involved (including the late, great, Harvey N. Roehl, of liver cancer, publisher of Reblitz's books) that I am immune to implications that I'm insane or not
"man enough" if I don't subject myself to hazardous methods and substances unprotected. I also recognize that many "real men" become exceedingly uncomfortable if another man (especially a  stranger) expresses concern for their health and well being. (Several of my friends, who died or became quite ill from things I warned them about, and "poo-pooed" me, fit this category.) To these, I say: "Please just imagine that it has nothing at all to do with some magnanimous concern for your health: Gordon is simply concerned with having to face God's judgment, and whether he adequately warned people of things that may bring them great suffering, in advance."
     (Perhaps that will comfort you.)

     There is an astonishing breadth of wisdom and knowledge amongst members, on matters tangible and intangible, on this list. (And at least one member who is a "Hare Ksna" with whom I have communicated.)
I would hope thatr we can all remain nin awe of this fact, without meanness.
      Old Chinese Proverb. (That "came to me" yesterday.)

     "He who thinks he has all the pieces of the puzzle, will be most suprised when he fails to get the Big Picture."

(I.e. Though one may have developed a large body of refined knowledge on a specific subject, it remains foolish to consider oneself superior to others, merely on account of it.)