[pianotech] action ratio

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 00:12:37 MDT 2012

On 8/27/2012 12:53 AM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> Lotta wisdom here Mr.Ron. We can learn alot from being microscopic and
> twisting about the numbers. I do, I have, I am but....
> We can also learn much from Bill Spulocks statement to me some years ago
> now....He said "Just do good basic piano work and people will be
> happy" Quite true on most days.

Either won't do it. We need both. I can't tell you the number of weeks
and months I've spend working out processes to generate processes to
generate numbers in belly design that I can use as beginning calibration
standards for a one-off. You've got to have rational approaches, and
that's going to take meaningful, not memorized numbers eventually. These
numbers and methods have to come from somewhere.

Ron N