[pianotech] Teflon

Joe Wiencek joespiano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 19:18:37 MDT 2012

I don't think you can bring up this subject enough.  I don't believe
the manufacturer is the best source to trust on the safety of ANY
chemical or food product.  It's not in their commercial interest. The
form that piano technicians use most, the microfine teflon powder, or
any fine powder for that matter can settle in the lungs and be
extremely difficult to remove.

If you want to understand how fluoride became ubiquitous in dental
health and municipal water supplies all over, do a bit of research on
weapons manufacturers that had a very nasty and toxic by-product they
didn't know how to dispose of.  But don't go to the ADA or mainstream
media for that info, because you won't find it there.

Joe Wiencek