[pianotech] permanent marker

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 24 21:48:00 MDT 2012

On 8/24/2012 9:11 PM, John Formsma wrote:

> Ron Nossaman leaves his white keys at 600 grit sheen, which feels
> good. Surprisingly. (Correct me if I'm wrong about the grit, Ron.)

It is nice, isn't it? Surprisingly. But it's F.F.F pumice, rather than
600 paper. As those who know me will suspect, and those who don't won't
ever, I have a reason for this. Sandpaper om a block requires leveling
the surface, where wet pumice on a piece of hammer rail cloth glued to a
chunk of maple doesn't, courtesy of the cloth conforming to the
irregularities of the molded key top. Time, effort, monetary return,
simplicity, and quality results are the criteria. This meets them all
for me, and I like it.

Ron N