[pianotech] OT Catfish - was broken agraffe

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:10:05 MDT 2012

What Dean described is one way of doing it. I went once as a kid, but
wasn't stupid enough to put my hand in a hole in the bank. I was told that
snakes can be in the holes too. If a hole is "cold," it's either
uninhabited or has a snake in it.

I just waded in the creek.

But my bro-in-law dives using scuba gear. He and his buddies build boxes
for the catfish to nest in. Then they dive to retrieve. They do this in a
big state lake, and mark their boxes (somehow--not sure of all the details
since I'm not into that thing).

I wouldn't do that either. Although I definitely love me some good catfish!

On a further OT aside...I've been told river cats can reach 150 lbs or
more. I'd hate to grab one of those. But I guess the size holes they're in
would be a "dead giveaway" that you probably wouldn't want to go in that
one. :-)

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS