[pianotech] two of my best tools!!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 22 19:20:53 MDT 2012

Terry the Farrell said:
"I've bought four really great tools in the past year or so. Besides my
wonderful Fugan carbon fiber tuning lever and my I-Phone with Verituner
installed on it, I bought a very small portable fan and a small flashlight
that I've been searching for forever.

The fan, IMHO, is indispensable. It is a Caframo MiniMax Deluxe Model 737
http://www.caframo.com/outdoors/outdoors_products_batteryfans_minimaxdeluxe7
37.php I have supercharged it by installing four LiFePO4 rechargeable
batteries that total 6.4 volts and 6.6 amp-hours. This thing will run at
full speed all day long. It has four speeds and I usually set it on two. If
it's really warm, I'll go up to three or four. Very quiet also. It makes my
days soooooo much better here in hot central Florida in hot old-peoples
homes and hot churches, etc., etc."

Terry,
Can you say Doppler Effect? Or Oscillating Air? How the heck do you tune
with that going on? It would drive me completely off the edge. (I know, I'm
very close now, as it is.<G>) Just a thought.
Regards,
Joe
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police