[pianotech] Two of My Best Tools!

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 16:29:47 MDT 2012

I've bought four really great tools in the past year or so. Besides my wonderful Fugan carbon fiber tuning lever and my I-Phone with Verituner installed on it, I bought a very small portable fan and a small flashlight that I've been searching for forever.

The fan, IMHO, is indispensable. It is a Caframo MiniMax Deluxe Model 737   http://www.caframo.com/outdoors/outdoors_products_batteryfans_minimaxdeluxe737.php  I have supercharged it by installing four LiFePO4 rechargeable batteries that total 6.4 volts and 6.6 amp-hours. This thing will run at full speed all day long. It has four speeds and I usually set it on two. If it's really warm, I'll go up to three or four. Very quiet also. It makes my days soooooo much better here in hot central Florida in hot old-peoples homes and hot churches, etc., etc.

Picture below is how I often use it - set in on my tool case: