[pianotech] That's a long piano string

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Aug 16 11:08:57 MDT 2012

Sound in a vacuum? No. But this was talking about sound in
gas jets which presumably had some pressure, or they wouldn't
be -- jetting.

Still sounds seriously weird, of course. But black holes
themselves are more than slightly weird.

I think what we are seeing is a statement about extremely
arcane scientific observations, which got dumbed down for
the great unwashed -- aka, US.