[pianotech] piano appraisal

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:21:02 MDT 2012

Hi Everyone,
Thanks again for your help with the other question I had last week regarding piano leg screws.  I still need to figure out how to support the piano while I take the the only screw in this leg out to check the screw h ole of the missing screw. Fortunately I have until Sept 19th.

My next question is this. I was called to do a piano appraisal. The person left a voice mail but didn't provide information regarding the piano brand age etc.  Ive been taught how to evaluate a pianos condition and I've done this on many occasions. but to give it a monitary value, would I use the Piaon BOok as a guide?  Will this resource give me a value for a piano in terms of how much it would cost to replace it based on its current condition, or  would that figure be to replace it with a brand new instrument. I don't know what brand of piano I'm dealing with right now because I need to call this person back tomorrow.  I'll be out of town starting tomorrow until Monday.  If you want to e-mail me privately that would be great due to the fact that for some reason the piano tech e-mails are too long for my phone to display, and I miss all of the content.  Private e-mails I can read. I don't have one of those cool Iphones.  Thanks again
Marshall
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com