[pianotech] Slightly OT: Movie recommendation

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Aug 14 13:42:31 MDT 2012

On 8/14/2012 2:06 PM, Encore Pianos wrote:

> It may seem ironic that one cannot engage with complete attentiveness
> without the accompaniment of inner stillness.  You can’t have
> mindfulness while the inner chatter is still going on.

Hence does the apparently near universal need for music or some other
electronically delivered noise pouring into our heads every waking
minute displace mindfulness. A radio in the shop, cell phone for texting
while driving or to avoid the horror of being alone in the supermarket,
or anywhere else, or bored with the approaching sunset, fills the
reverberating void in our heads where there doesn't seem to be any inner
"chatter". Thanks, but my inner chatter is me, and I'll take that in
silence over most of the intrusive diversionary noise it's becoming
harder to avoid all the time. Personally, I consider myself to be a
mechanic. There are plenty of sufficiently indistinct Zen masters to go
around already, and I wouldn't want to blow their cover and spoil their gig.

> We do have the opportunity to bring beauty into the lives of others
> through our work and our being.

Indeed we do, and so we continue to try each in our own way.

Ron N - non smoking