[pianotech] Slightly OT: Movie recommendation

David Weiss davidweiss at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:18:02 MDT 2012

Last year I read a book called "Shop Class As Soulcraft, An Inquiry into the
Value of Work", by Matthew Crawford. He has a master's degree in philosophy
but earns his living repairing motorcycles.  There are amazing similarities
between his work and ours, especially some of the customer interactions.
Many of them had me laughing out loud because they were so familiar. He also
gets into global economics, our educational system, and the practical and
philosophical aspects of fixing things for a living.

If you have the time give this book a try, it left me feeling very good
about my choice of profession.

David Weiss