[pianotech] Broken Drill Bit in Bridge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 12 15:14:36 MDT 2012

On 8/12/2012 3:46 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:

> Hey nifty cool
>   What makes it slide? Is it the nifty magic tape that hold it
> tight/steady to the rails or the skill of a craftsman's hands.

The tape holds the tool onto a carriage, with holes which slide on the
rods. Front foot feed. The base slot is used to align the drilling angle
with the pin row however you like it, for such niceties as avoiding
intersecting pins in the bridge body. It's as simple, idiot resistant,
and quick to build as I could make it. Even has a depth stop. I chose
the Black & Decker because it's a full 2 amp, where everything else I
found was 1.2 amp. I can run it slow enough to not generate clouds of
smoke, and still have enough torque to put a #36 drill into my epoxy
laminated cap and rock maple root. I really like it. So far so good.

> Ron, Is this print size coming thru as about size 12.  Just checking

Looks real good here now, whatever caused it. ???
Ron N