[pianotech] agraffes

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Aug 6 09:10:32 MDT 2012

Unless I am mistaken, I believe there is only one domestic supplier for
aggraffes, whom all the supply houses use.

The spacing may be related to the diameter of the outer wraps.  Some pianos,
like old Mason & Hamlins can have pretty fat wraps, in which case a narrower
bichord would be more effective in settling between the two strings.  (And I
think this was the reason the old Mason & Hamlin cut their own bichord
dampers).

Will Truitt