[pianotech] What???!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 18:57:17 MDT 2012

Paul said:
"All I do here at UNL is "re-condition", fix, or semi-partial rebuilding,
even when sending out for a new soundboard and bridges...etc....I've never
coined the phrase "rebuilt" as far as I know. There just is no such "real"
thing!"

Paul,
The "term", (not "phrase"), should have some kind of specific connotation,
imo. It does not, sadly. However, it is certainly a whole lot better, to
me, than the current buzz word: Refurbished! Yuck! Where did that one come
from? Sounds like things relevant to house repairs/remodeling.
In your environ, which is outside of the rest of the piano world, imo, full
rebuilding is done, is it not, but with different criteria, I suspect.
Enlighten us just a bit. Please.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police