[pianotech] What?!!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Aug 1 11:35:58 MDT 2012

> Ron,
> And you want a detailed list? Why?

Why not? I'm wondering what a "got it all" "real rebuild" that isn't a
"remanufacture" is. I don't have any problem describing what I do to a
customer's piano if someone is interested. Why would you?

You know damned well what a "rebuild"
> entails.

No Joe, I don't, which is why I asked. Anyone who's been in the business
since Tuesday has been called to service someone's "rebuilt" piano that
proved to be anything from beautifully remanufactured (*extremely*
rare), to a crappie shelter that someone blew out the chunks, glued on
(but didn't trim)new keytops (much more common), or anything in between.

>do you need to see my list to validate my ability or thoroughness
> or???? Why is it you can't just take my word? Not following your insistance
> here bub.

Joe, it's not a matter of trust. I've never seen any of your work, so I
have nothing to judge by except what you say, and when you say something
got "it all", but didn't, then I have nothing to go on except a
contradiction. That makes "got it all" empty hype, so I can't help but
wonder what was actually done to the piano. I don't see anything at all
unreasonable about that, and wonder why there is so much resistance to
outlining a rough list of what was done to the piano that produced such
a fine result.

Ron N