[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 23:31:30 MDT 2012

  But Paul
   Steinway disrespects rebuilders (us) all the time with the disingenuous, pedantic and illogical marketing  statements.
Dale

My point is this: (no disrespect to Steinway, or any other piano maker for that matter):  How do you document everything one uses in a total rebuild??  It's pret-near impossible!  What lubricants did you use for whatever, what cleaners did you use, what polishes did you use for such, where did the wood for whatever part come from, the glue, the vacuum cleaner to clean up the dust, and so on… even the tools??. Where does one draw the line?  I suppose all this customer really wants to know is if the actual parts are "authentic" Steinway…Who knows where that customer draws the line???

I say if one gets to this point:  Just go buy a new one then! :>) They'd be happy to oblige!

Paul